Last year in November, the Moto G is the lower-cost variant of the Moto X, however don’t make mistake in comparing the benchmark Moto G with that of Moto X, as Moto G is one of the firmest performing Smartphone in mid-range in the market, and for that we have labelled the Moto G as ‘The close to perfect device’ in 2014 and for many manufactures looking to ship a handset in the $200 price range, so good at this price.
At the Press launch, Motorola has pitched the Smartphone at the developing markets, However it was initially available in Latin America, North America and the central Europe following quickly. Mainly the lowest cost of this device makes it attractive as a budget conscious pay monthly device, and moreover has many merits for prepaid plans.
When Motorola releases a Moto that hits the $99 price-tag and that’s when the Google owned company will have a less costdevice and which can be compared to devices such as Nokia’s Lumia 520 and other. However,currently Moto G undercuts Google’s Nexus 5 and even now discontinued Nexus 4 in the current price-tag. Moto G is the correct price branding in the Smartphone.
However, there’s lot missing too but, in this range we can say Motorola has balanced the required compromises very well.
Cons of the Motorola Moto G:
- Lack of MicroSD Card slot and limited storage options
- The handset does not support 4G LTE, and so your mobile data transfer will be limited to 2G/3G only.
- Though Moto G is a 4.5 inch phone it’s still 10% heavier than that of the Moto X (4.7 inch), and the Nexus 5 (4.95 inch), It is also thicker too, almost 35% more than the Nexus 4.
- Moto G sports a 5MP rear and a 1.3MP front facing camera only.
- Average battery life.
Pros of the Motorola Moto G:
- Perfect screen size with HD resolution, as it has a 4.5 inch display with 720p resolution, and it even has Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for sharp view.
- Fast processor and plenty of RAM,it has a Snapdragon 400 Quad-core clocked at 1.2 GHz, Adreno 305 (GPU) along with 1GB of RAM.
- The Moto X got the Android 4.4 Kitkat update before the Nexus 4!
- More colourful, it’s available in different colours same as iPhone 5c.
- Jaw-dropping value.