Have you ever been in a situation of data loss due to any reason, be it accidental deletion or corruption? You put a lot of hard work in gathering/collecting the data, but all go into vain. Undoubtedly, one of the most frustrating situations for an individual! If you were the victim of data loss, what would you do? Once computer data are lost, you have nothing to do except wondering the reason that caused this. The primary reason of data loss is accidental deletion.
In these days, computers continue becoming the principle way in which many individuals and organizations doing their day-to-day work. Just imagine you lose all your important files, your crucial business documents, your family photos, and all other forms of invaluable data. How hard the time would it be to face off? You can’t even imagine this.
Here I’m sharing 6 very important tips to avoid data loss:
- Sometimes users delete their important files accidentally. Be careful while managing your computer data. Generally if you delete the files, they go into the Recycle Bin and can be restored with ease. Never use Shift + Del to permanently delete your files.
- Avoid corruption that causes permanent data loss. Computer viruses and bugs are the key factors which are highly responsible for corruption in computer files and data. Make sure you are using an updated Antivirus program and regularly scan your computer system for viruses and bugs.
- While working on a file or saving it, if your system gets turned off due to sudden power failure, it may cause inaccessibility of data and files. Always use UPS device with your computer system. It provides power backup at the time of sudden power loss and electric occurrences.
- What happens most of the time is users download software programs from an unauthorized or unknown source. This might be really very harmful for a computer and its files. The software programs which are downloaded from an unauthorized source may collide with other software programs which are already installed on your system. You must avoid downloading the software programs from any unauthorized or unknown source. Also, be careful during their installation.
- Never allow any unauthorized person to access your system either personally or over the network. He/she may damage your computer data by overwriting the files using 010 Hex Editor, deleting the crucial data from your system, etc. Make sure your computer system is password protected and set permissions in order to secure it.
- Take a regular backup of your computer data. Though backup doesn’t avoid corruption, but it can easily avoid data loss. If you are having a valid BKF file, you can easily restore your data from it at the time of data loss or corruption. A backup file contains the backup copies of your data and files which can be restored at any time with ease.
Whenever you lose your data, you can take help of your backup file. All you need to do is just restore the required data or files from the backup. But what if there is no backup? Or the backup file is itself corrupt? In such situation, people start scratching their heads as they have no idea what to do further. Certainly you won’t get any idea with head-scratching. Instead of that, if you search on Google, you’ll surely get some useful information for resolving your problem.
- Must Read: NSF File Recovery
If you lose your data, you can take help of a data recovery software tool. Data recovery software tools are designed to recover data from the hard drive if they have lost due to corruption or accidental deletion.
Benefits of Data Recovery Software
- The key benefit of data recovery software is that it can help you recover lost, inaccessible or corrupted data. Be it accidental deletion, corruption, or any other reason, it performs maximum possible recovery of data.
- Another plus point of such recovery software is that it supports recovery from any type of storage media, be it system hard drive or any external storage media. Also, data recovery software tools are available for digital cameras, memory cards & sticks, iPod, etc.
- Though some data recovery professionals provide manual recovery, but this may cost you a lot or may take your enough time. But if you use data recovery software, it will cost you not that much amount as well as it performs recovery in the less possible time.
- Data Recovery software for recovering data from corrupt or inaccessible computer files, are also available. Be it a Windows BKF file, Exchange BKF file, Word document, an Outlook data file or any other type of computer file, users can recover the entire readable data from the corrupt files with ease and save them into new files via file recovery software.
This article is contributed by Poonam Senwal on behalf of SysInfoTools Software. She is a professional blogger possesses a very good knowledge about window and new technology updates. Her expertise includes SEO and technical writing.